Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Google's Millions

On CNN.com the front page has a list of "Latest News." In there is a story about Google's announcement of a contest of ideas. Google will pay up to $10 million dollars to fund a good idea that will impact on many people.

I personally think this is a great idea. Why not solicit the public for a great idea to back and help a number of people at the same time.

The thing I find interesting though, is that while Google is a search engine it is also its own media machine. Go to news.google.com and there is a list of breaking news, tech stuff, entertainment and a host of other categories of stories to read. However, Google doesn't list its own idea search until it's buried eight stories deep in the tech section. I find that odd and bad marketing. But, the contest is pretty cool.

CNN

Google's link to the story about itself.

No comments: